Spring cleaning is a normal phrase to hear right about now, but a very abnormal accomplishment at my house. It’s not that I don’t like the house to be cleaned, and it’s not that I dislike the scouring and scrubbing that comes with a freshly cleaned house. I really do. I love to have my house looking and smelling fresh, with bright Colorado sunshine streaming through freshly washed windows onto the clean and pine scented floors. I just never seem to manage getting it done.
I want to…. I really do, but it seems that by the time the windows get around to getting washed, the monsoons are upon us and promptly cover them with muddy droplets again, and if my floors were clean, it was about five minutes ago and you missed it because either the kids or the dogs have since tracked in mud and dust from digging in the garden.
Such is life in the country. The house could be cleaned daily and you’d never know it, and the other projects just seem to be more rewarding and more pressing – the garden needs weeding, the trees need watering, it’s time to shave the dogs (or children) yet again, and there just isn’t time to scrub the house from top to bottom.
Yes, I do know a few amazing women who manage to get their spring cleaning done…. And kudos to them, they set a great example for the rest of us. But I am not one of those women. Sorry, you’ll have to look else where if you want that "summer at the beach house" feel.
Now, if you want a trip back to the pioneer times… then please, come visit me. There is fresh bread cooling on the counter and a hearty pot roast for dinner. And you are welcome to stay as long as you want. Just don’t expect the windows to be washed….
Heeheehee! Oh, yes, life in the country of Colorado makes it hard to have a clean house for very long. I was looking at my walls recently thinking, "I should clean them, it's Spring." Then I remembered...I've never cleaned my walls! I've been here 6.5 years and they get dusted but not wiped down! Haha!
ReplyDelete