Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blast Off!

After seven weeks of hard work, lots of learning and tons of fun, the kids finally got to launch their rockets today! We met at Joe Stephenson Park and got all set up - one kid launching their rocket, six children calculating height (they made a special apparatus to measure the angle of trajectory) and everyone else chasing the wayward rockets. We had great weather and a lot of fun. I took the best photos I could but the rockets went of so fast that even with a count down I missed most of them launching. But you get the idea.

Each of the children was able to get their rockets back with minimal damage too. (Others were not so lucky...) Perhaps they will continue the experiments and build a homemade rocket launcher with their dad... (who, praise the Lord, was able to come with us today!)

I asked each child what they liked best about the class and here are their answers....

Everest - Getting to see them launch!

Terran - Catching the rockets and getting to launch mine.

Laeliana - I liked that we got to chase the rockets.

Gage - That Ms. Natalie gave me a rocket.
(Which is actually way cool because Gage is not enrolled in the class, and therefore is not covered by her funding.)

I think my favorite part was how many parents were there to cheer for all of the students. When we started this group, Natalie said one of the best things with working with homeschoolers is the 200% parent involvement. Many of the dads even took the day off to be there today... and it was very cool too see!

Anyhow, here are the photos. There was a lot going on, so not too many photos of faces, but you can see the fun we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment