Friday, March 6, 2015

Mush!

It's Iditarod time.... the kids started a new quarter at their their homeschool group on Thursday and began learning about the 1100 mile Iditarod dog sled race which starts tomorrow. To kick off the new quarter, they actually got to ride on a real dog sled today. (A BIG THANK YOU TO SKIP, THE DOG TEAM OWNER!!!)

In spite if the soaked feet, and a knot on the head from falling off of a sled, we had a fantastic time. Eric and I spent the day snowshoeing around the dog sled track (it was too mushy for the sled, so we volunteered to pack it down with snowshoes) and the kids played on the sledding hill and had snowball fights while they waited for their turn in the dog sled.

I did manage to get a few photos, but it was really bright out, so they were all pretty dark. I lightened them as much as I could, but they may look a little distorted... but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment