Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On The Road Again (Originally Posted on Missing In Action)

To all of you who have been praying for me, and have helped out our family in one way or another… thank you! I’m doing much better now! It’s been three weeks since my surgery and I’m finally up, moving around well and getting back on the road again. I’m even home alone today! (Eric is only a few miles away… doing a little bit of work at the church.)

The past three weeks have presented a lot of challenges, but also a lot of blessings. It’s been hard for me to not be able to take care of my family, and healing from something this immense is totally new to me. It’s been a challenge not to push too hard and do too much. But God is good! Eric has been taking incredible care, not only of me, but also the kids and the house, and as I have been sitting back, forced to be a spectator, I have been able to see how blessed I truly am. I have been given a second chance at life, a chance to raise my children, and another day to tell each of you how thankful I am that God has put you in my life.

It’s been a quiet few weeks for our family. We have been able to spend most of our time together, enjoying being back together. We’ve watched a lot of movies, read a lot of stories and taken a lot of naps. Time doesn’t stop passing, and there are always firsts to be seen and experienced. Among which has been Everest loosing his first tooth!!! (I’ll get a picture as soon as I can get my camera to turn on!) And just in time for his first grade school pictures! Another first… Terran has given himself a beautiful black eye (that only leaves Gage having not had one) by running into the corner of a coffee table. And yet another… poor Gage has made it through his first series of shots with nothing more than a drop of blood and a fussy night. What a champ! And as for Laeliana… she has finally gotten to join the Sunday school class at church, and she loves it. She finally gets to be with the big kids!

I’m so thankful that I have been here to see it all! And I am looking forward to each day bringing many more firsts! I’ll try to keep you all posted on them as best I can, but as I get stronger and stronger, I plan and spending more and more time experiencing some firsts with my family… so once again, we may be Missing in Action. But know that we love you and we are thanking God for you each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment