I am so thankful for God’s Word and His promises. And today, as the rain pours down and the cold sinks into my bones, my heart echoes it’s sorrow. Today, this promise is mine.
I have spent the morning sorting clothes and packing up what the kids have outgrown into boxes to be packed up for later. All except for Gage’s clothes... there will be no later for these well loved, well worn clothes in our home.
So many of these precious little outfits have been passed down since Everest was a baby. Each child has added to the wear, added a few stains and many memories, and it is hard to think that I am packing these up now to pass on to other children… ones that will not be my own.
At the same time, I am thankful… packing them up means that Gage is growing and is healthy. It means that I get to go through them once more as I pass them on to another Momma… perhaps having her first baby with which to make these precious memories. It means that I will be able to be a blessing to someone else, as many have been to me.
Thankful though I am… It is still hard. I know that God is in control and that His will is perfect, and I know that even though I don’t understand, I can trust Him, but my heart hurts none the less when I am faced with the realization that my child-bearing days are done. And today, I have come face to face with this cold, hard fact… but also face to face with a loving Heavenly Father who promises that, as my earthy Father often says, this too shall pass.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul?
and why art thou disquieted in me?
hope thou in God:
for I shall yet praise him
for the help of his countenance.
~Psalms 42:5

No comments:
Post a Comment