Wow! It’s been a really long time since I last wrote. I’ve missed you all, and have missed my time at the computer, although I must admit, I have not missed my time enough to brave the frigid cold that I have to face to sit here and write. This room… the only place that we have room for a desktop computer with dial up, is unheated and is FREEZING! Right now, I am bundled up in a bathrobe with an electric heater cranked as high as it will go a scarce 10 inches away, and still my fingers are stiff and my typing slow.
However, I wanted to let you all know that we are still alive and kicking, and to tell each of you thank you for the wonderful Christmas gifts… among which was a camera! I’ve been taking tons of photos and will try to get the loaded onto this page as soon as I can get to a better internet connection.
I also wanted to let you all know that Eric and I have new cell phones… so if you have tried the old numbers and gotten a disconnected message… it wasn’t a mistake. Eric’s number is 970-398-0301 and mine is 970-398-0148. Neither voicemail is set up as of this moment… but we’re working on that as well.
In family news… the kids are doing great. Everest has turned a literal page in reading and has now joined in on our nightly Bible reading. So far he has done quite well reading through Exodus! Exodus of all books! (And this for a child who claims he doesn’t like to read…) He seems to be finally taking an interest in it and is quite good.
Terran is an eager learning and thoroughly enjoys reading simple words (the ones where all the letters make the sounds they are supposed to) and is quite good at spelling. He never ceases to cause us to smile with his unexpected humor… and this Christmas was no exception. As he opened a stainless steel Yo-Yo from Aunt Mary Ann, he excitedly exclaimed…”I got a door knob!” and was a thrilled as could be. I love the smiles that child brings to my face!
Laeliana is finally growing… she weighs a whopping 24lbs and has a 240 lb attitude crammed into that little body. She is a firecracker to be sure, and certainly keeps me busy, but she is an eager helper and wonderful cuddle bug… and that makes up for a big attitude any day.
And last, but certainly not least…Gage, weighing in at 18lbs and 24” tall. Gage would put many a good soldier to shame with his army crawl and many a dog to shame with his drool. He has two teeth and a permanent rug burn on his tummy. He has a great love of food and will eat anything except applesauce… in fact, he’d much rather eat carpet fuzz and dirty socks than applesauce… but he agrees with Eric and I and our opinion that garlic makes anything better, so we should all get along fine.
And as for Eric and I? We keep busy - Eric working as an on site maintenance man at an apartment complex, and me pretending to keep up with the housework, the homeschool and the joys of being a wife and mother. There is never a dull moment here… that’s for sure.
However, I wanted to let you all know that we are still alive and kicking, and to tell each of you thank you for the wonderful Christmas gifts… among which was a camera! I’ve been taking tons of photos and will try to get the loaded onto this page as soon as I can get to a better internet connection.
I also wanted to let you all know that Eric and I have new cell phones… so if you have tried the old numbers and gotten a disconnected message… it wasn’t a mistake. Eric’s number is 970-398-0301 and mine is 970-398-0148. Neither voicemail is set up as of this moment… but we’re working on that as well.
In family news… the kids are doing great. Everest has turned a literal page in reading and has now joined in on our nightly Bible reading. So far he has done quite well reading through Exodus! Exodus of all books! (And this for a child who claims he doesn’t like to read…) He seems to be finally taking an interest in it and is quite good.
Terran is an eager learning and thoroughly enjoys reading simple words (the ones where all the letters make the sounds they are supposed to) and is quite good at spelling. He never ceases to cause us to smile with his unexpected humor… and this Christmas was no exception. As he opened a stainless steel Yo-Yo from Aunt Mary Ann, he excitedly exclaimed…”I got a door knob!” and was a thrilled as could be. I love the smiles that child brings to my face!
Laeliana is finally growing… she weighs a whopping 24lbs and has a 240 lb attitude crammed into that little body. She is a firecracker to be sure, and certainly keeps me busy, but she is an eager helper and wonderful cuddle bug… and that makes up for a big attitude any day.
And last, but certainly not least…Gage, weighing in at 18lbs and 24” tall. Gage would put many a good soldier to shame with his army crawl and many a dog to shame with his drool. He has two teeth and a permanent rug burn on his tummy. He has a great love of food and will eat anything except applesauce… in fact, he’d much rather eat carpet fuzz and dirty socks than applesauce… but he agrees with Eric and I and our opinion that garlic makes anything better, so we should all get along fine.
And as for Eric and I? We keep busy - Eric working as an on site maintenance man at an apartment complex, and me pretending to keep up with the housework, the homeschool and the joys of being a wife and mother. There is never a dull moment here… that’s for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment