Brief updates on each family member...
Eric is working away in the garage right now, mounting a vice that he was given to the bumper of his truck. Seems like he constantly needs one, and as always, God provided! Eric keeps VERY busy! He is either working at work, working at home, or working at someone else's home to be a blessing to them. Now and then he'll actually sit and watch a movie - it's been Avenger's lately (borrowed from a lady at work) and I think I may have caught him sleeping, once upon a time. (But shhhh.... he doesn't think he sleeps!!!)
Everest is doing well with school. He likes the teacher that we work with very much and is doing very well with his reading and math. Writing still isn't high on his list of favorites, but at least is isn't quite as much of a battle these days. Today Everest told me that his three favorite things are Robots (of course) science, and animals. (Makes me happy to hear that!!!)
Terran is my little sunshine, as always. He likes the games included in his schoolwork, is very good with both reading and math and is better with computers than many 30 year olds I know. He is following in Everest's footsteps with his dislike of handwriting, but I think once he really gets going, he will end up enjoying it.
Laeliana is still my 25lb daughter with the 250 lb attitude. Her hair is growing nicely, and is coming back quite thick. She loves having her ears pierced and make sure to let us know it! She is my shadow most of the time, unless she is watching Muzzy or Strawberry Shortcake. (Two favorites of hers) She is doing great in Sunday school and is making friends with 2 new little girls in her class!
And Gage... Gage is, well, Gage. His favorite words are "guga" - which means "I want whatever treat that you are eating" "NONONO!" (Must be shouted loudly!) "Oh no!" and "oooogaaa" (Bye-bye Daddy - Eric has an Aaa-ooo=gaa sounding horn on his truck, which he honks every day when he leaves for work) He can also say Mama and Dadda and several other words that show up here and there - cookie, Kitsa, goat, and Nana... I can't believe how fast he is growing!
As for me... I am running in lots of directions at once. I seem to spend a lot of time on the computer these days, but God has blessed it and I have been able to sell several things that are around the house to make a little extra money for bills. I count myself spoiled with the animals we have. We are just about breaking even on feed costs by selling the eggs, and could easily use several more hens.
And as of yesterday we added to our family - 2 new pups. Mastiff mixes, a boy and a girl. They are litter mates and are 10 weeks old. Eventually, with a lot of training, they will allow Zoe and Buster to retire from being the doorbell/scary beasts that jump up when you pull into the driveway. Zoe and Buster no longer have the energy to warn off intruders, and have earned their retirement well. As I write this, they are contentedly laying on a 4" thick piece of foam in the coolest part of the house. The pups have been banished the bathroom until such a time as they are housebroken.
Wild and wooly, as always. We really love our little ranch, and I am thankful for every day that God has blessed us with here. He provides so faithfully, I can't help but be amazed.
Anyhow, this quick update is much longer than I have planned, and unbeknownst to me, I have switched days while writing. Time to go remind Eric that he really should go to bed, and time to head off to bed myself. Before I do though, one quick photo of the new recruits, and a promise of more photos to come before the week is out.
Love you all very much!
![]() |
| Introducing Zuma and Ruckus. Zuma is the little girl and is on the bottom, Ruckus, the little boy, is on top. |
PS. Did any of you see the video earlier in the month? Not sure if it posted correctly or not, so if you have a minute, check it out! It's a super cute recital that the kids did at church!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment