Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Life... My first How-To.

Okay... forgive the armature photography and lousy directions... this is my first how to. A friend suggested the idea of turning worn out old snow boots into clogs, and when I looked around online, I couldn't find ANY information... so I'm trying my hand at a quick tutorial... Leave me some comments and let me know what you think - Honesty is preferred! I can't make improvements if you don't tell me what needs to be improved.




 From Snow Boots to Summertime Slip-Ons

From this....


 

 

 

 

To this.... in 15 minutes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is one of the easiest re-purposing projects I have ever done! All you need is a pair of old snow boots, a razor blade, glue and a some scissors.



Step 1: Using the razor knife, cut along the seam where the fabric and the rubber attach. This is a light cut, as you only want to go through the outer layer of fabric.


 


Step 2: Fold the outer layer of fabric and foam up and cut the inner fleece (the warm fuzzy part...) about 2-3" above the rubber part of the boot.




Step 3:  Place glue on the rim of the rubber boot, fold the fleece edge down and pinch tightly. (I have to admit, I got impatient waiting for the fabric glue to dry and switched to 3M Spray Adhesive.)




Viola! Your new shoes are done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment