Sunday, July 6, 2014

Looking Back

Every now and then I read through my past blog posts and spend some time looking back and remembering all that God has done in my life. And it really is amazing to see...

This blog is filled with miracles, both small and great, that God has brought into my life. The amazing blessing of my beautiful children, the answered prayers, the scary times we have been through as a family, fears we have faced, trials we have overcome... What an amazing record of God's faithfulness in my own life.

I hope someday to be able to get all of my journals, blog posts, letters and prayers I have written compiled together. What a story I have already lived..... Should I ever manage to get these records gathered, I think I would have to title it "But God."

One of my favorite phrases in the Bible is "but God...." It is a personal phrase for me... My life would be in utter chaos, but God...... But God loves me so much that He gave His one and only Son to die on a cruel cross so that I could be adopted as His child. But God is so rich in grace, mercy and patience that He allows me the freedom to choose to follow Him. (Granted, sometimes I make stupid choices and try to do my own thing, but God lifts me back up when I fall, and gives me another chance.)

But God..... Sometimes I think about where my life would be if I were in control of it...But God, who knows the end from the beginning, is the Master, the one who is in control. (And praise the Lord for that!) It really is an incredible thought..... Everything changes with God. And I'm so thankful it does. And I am thankful to have these thoughts to look back on and to share with you.

My prayer for you today is that you would be able to take a look at your life and say "but God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment