I just tried this recipe last night, and it is terrific! Hands down best we've tried from the whole family! And it's easy!!! So I figured, I'd share the knowledge... besides, if it's on this blog, I have a record of it that is easier to find than in my recipe box.
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup water
1 egg
Mix it all together, dip whatever it is you want to fry into it, and fry in hot oil (or at my house... lard) until it is golden brown. That's it! All there is too it!
By the way... I did make a batch today that used milk instead of water... you have to add a bit extra, but then again, I am using whole goats milk, and I'm sure the fat content has something to do with that... and I also added some ranch dressing seasoning. The kids loved it... Eric, who is a straight forward, the-plainer-the-better kind of guy said it was good, but he liked the simpler version best... No big surprises there.
If you try it, let me know! And let me know if you change it too! We've had it on Zucchini twice in 2 days, but fish, chicken, shrimp, onion rings etc would all be fantastic!
Lots of love to you all!
~Cora
No comments:
Post a Comment