I got up this morning to a predicted blanket of snow, and realized that I hadn't sent the kids out yesterday to collect rocks for the Christmas tree... now they are snug underneath that blanket of snow... then I realized that we hadn't double checked the snow blower paths either... again, there is a lovely blanket of snow covering what ever potential disasters await the snow blower. *Sigh* The list began building in my mind....
I love winter, I am glad there is snow... but now that it is here, I wish I would have planned a little bit more carefully. I know there is still firewood that was not split and stacked, I know that the trampoline needs to come down before the heavy snows come, I know that there are tools and buckets and other miscellaneous things that have been left out that needed to be found, and I know that I am out of time to do many of those things.
On the bright side, I have finally been able to sit down, and with 20/20 hindsight as my guide, I have written that evasive lists of fall chores that need to be done at the Shubert house.
No great loss without some small gain.
Hope this day finds you being diligent and with happy hearts!

No comments:
Post a Comment