What a good day we had! Nothing special happened, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary, we just enjoyed the day...
The kids built a fort today - on the kitchen table... with every blanket and pillow in the house...and after playing in it ALL day, are trying to convince Eric and I that they should be allowed to sleep in it (with the addition that Daddy and I have to sleep in the livingroom...)
They giggled and wiggled, and laughed and roughhoused all day... and I danced and sang and in general, didn't get much done. (It's very hard to dance and do chores at the same time.) But it was a good day - no stress, no frustration, no unhappiness or discontentment. It was just a GOOD day!
And you know what I realized... that this is the way I want my children to remember their childhood. Filled with laughter and singing and good days. I want them to remember that Mom was happy, and had time to play with them. I want them to remember JOY!
The funny thing about joy is that is doesn't depend on your circumstances. It comes from what is going on inside of you, not outside.
When we get our focus off of our blessings, then we start looking around at all the things going wrong around us... and our joy starts to get crowded out by our circumstances. We lose sight of the blessings... and I don't know about you, but that is not the way that I want to live.
I want to rise above what is going on around me, I want to keep my eyes, mind and heart on the things of God... on the things that have the power to fill me so full of joy that it is bursting out of me!
Today was one of those days... and I am looking forward to many more of them.
Yay, I figured out how to comment on here lol! Praise God for GOOD days!
ReplyDelete