Thursday, April 11, 2013

Holy Cow!

I'll say it again! HOLY COW! What a night we had!

Our night started off with a fantastic church service preached by Brother Jim Johnson (if you EVER have the chance to hear him preach... do!) that ended with me personally rededicating to give Christ all I've got. (More on that later... right now, you've got to hear about the holey cow.)

About ten minutes after we got home from church is when the fun started. Eric and I were getting started on chores when the phone rang.... it was Pastor - someone had hit an elk and it was still alive - he wanted to know if Eric could come and help butcher it.

Of course! (When God puts steaks in front of you, you don't turn him down...) So, I finished up chores while Eric changed and headed back to town.  At about 10pm he got home and began butchering a HUGE cow elk, Pastor headed back to his house to get him family home and to switch vehicles and then, around midnight, made it back out here.  (Bringing another smaller elk that had also been hit with him!)

From midnight to 5am the two men worked tirelessly... They managed to get close to 200lbs of meat! God blessed the weather - it was cold but the snow and wind had stopped) and we were fortunate to have plenty of water and everything else we needed. Praise the Lord for His goodness!

Yeah, I know... some of you are thinking "Oh my gosh - you eat roadkill?" but when God blesses you, no matter how... it is always perfect (hey - Elijah was fed by the ravens... have you ever seen what they eat?) and I know of a few families that are counting the blessings from their Heavenly Father today. Mine included!

The day ended for Eric and Pastor at about 6:30am (I called Eric into work and he is still sleeping) ... my day, however had just begun - chores to be do, chicklets were arriving at 9:15, the goats are still looking suspiciously close to having their babies, and of course, there is homeschooling to work on (think we may have a movie day - Sid the Science Kid anyone?) and a prearranged meeting to get Sunday school planning done... And that is only until lunchtime - can't wait to see what this afternoon brings!

Hope your day is fantastic, and that God's blessing fall on you too! (Just a suggestion though - keep yours eyes heavenward so they don't squash you in the process!) Love to you all.

~Cora




No comments:

Post a Comment