Friday, February 27, 2015

Easiest Playdough Ever

Okay.... this post is way over due! I've been making this playdough for close to a year now and I love it. It is silky smooth, smells great, leaves your hands soft rather than dried out and clean up is a snap... oh yeah, it's cheap too! And it has a whopping 2 ingredients and no cooking.

I'm posting it here for my mommy friends and for those of you who just never really outgrew playdough...

However, true to form, there really is no exact recipe... it's kind of a season to taste sort of thing (but please don't taste it! Gage has already reported back that it is "ah-gusting") Just mix it until you like the texture.

Ready to know what it is?

Corn starch and lotion... seriously. That's all it is. Dump about a cup of corn starch into a bowl, add about ¼ cup of your favorite lotion (we have used lots of different kinds... today was honey apple baby lotion) and start mixing. As you get it mixed together, keep adjusting your lotion/cornstarch ratio until it feels like a good workable playdough.

You can add food coloring if you want as well. My kids are perfectly content to just play with white playdough though, so I don't bother.

Now... there is one downside to this playdough, but it's actually something I like... it doesn't keep. That means it isn't good for crafting, and that you have to make a fresh batch each time.

For me... that is s good thing though. Otherwise my house would be inundated with clay creatures and I would spend hours each day cleaning up playdough. This way, we make it, play with it, and clean it up... and that's the end of it until next time. 

Oh yeah... Clean up! Super easy... when it dries, it's really crumbly and you can just vacuum up the little pieces that escaped the trashcan on the first go round... that means no more crunchy little blobs ground into the carpet! Major points in my house!

Anyhow, for you aunties, uncles, grandmas and grandpas who read this blog... Here are a couple of photos. The last one is Everest's seascape... complete with a cove, some trees, and a cave to hide out in.



No comments:

Post a Comment