Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Random Update

Just a random update and a couple of quick photos. We have had some beautiful weather here lately and are getting lots and lots done! Eric spent about a week and half down in Farmington remodeling a few rentals for our friend Tyler. The kids and I did not go with him this time, but got a lot done at home instead.

We tracked down the dress up (thus the photos) and added some new things from Mary Ann to it. The kids had a great time discovering lost treasures and creating characters and story lines! We did some poetry and adjective practice along with some painting to create a framed piece of art for each child that uses words they want to describe them - kind of an affirming/goal setting activity when a little language arts and crafting thrown in. (Photos of the finished work will be coming soon!) And we did some cooking and baking and played some video games and board too. (Amazing how quickly the little ones master something like that. Even Gage can basically hold his own in Super Mario Brothers!) In general, we just had a mellow time and enjoyed being at home.

Yesterday Eric finally was able to get the fence post on the far corner of the property fixed. It broke in half earlier this winter and brought about half of the fence around the property down with it. Not an easy fix because the old posts were concreted in, but praise the Lord, finally done. And while he did that, the kids and I took advantage of the melted snow and did some much needed clean up outside.

Today is errand day in town... going in to register the truck and get some water and some much desired groceries, and then home to hopefully get a few more odds and ends done outside... and maybe even start plans for closing in the front porch. Woohoo!

Anyhow, there's my random news. I've added a few photos too, and I'm sure more will be on the way soon.  I'm back to toying with the idea if a family newsletter instead of a blog... I have had several problems with posts that won't publish, and a newsletter would be kind of fun to be able to print off and save in a notebook so that I could easily go back through them. Of course, it would be emailed to all of you, so you'd have to make sure I've got your email address! So if anyone has any opinions about it, I'd love to hear them!

Hope all is going well for each of you!

-Cora

No comments:

Post a Comment