It's been a busy couple of weeks here. We have been enjoying springtime and the various jobs that go with it. Gardening at a friends house has taken up a few days - what a blessing!!! A good friend of mine has a large garden and she won't be using all of it this year, so she opened it up to anyone else who wanted to plant. (That would be us!) Since we have such a limited amount of water here at the house, and shale/clay instead of dirt, gardening is tough here! So we took her up on the offer to plant out at her house, and will trade working in the garden with her for use of the ground. And even better than all the good food we'll be able to grow is the good friends that we get to spend time with. I'm looking forward to it!
Other things going on here? A neighborhood yardsale is scheduled for tomorrow at Eric's workplace. We are invited to participate and I'm so thankful! Having a successful yardsale way out here is almost impossible! So we're loading up the trailer and joining in at the apartments. I'm praying God will bless it and that we can not only make some money to help pay a few extra bills, but that we will be able to be a blessing to the people that are shopping around for inexpensive things. Besides... it will help us cut down on the clutter that has accumulated throughout the winter.
And of course, we have all the normal chores and projects here. I keep joking that we are turning our five acre plot into a homestead... but it's not really much of a joke. The chickens are rapidly outgrowing their yard/house and we need to enlarge it, the dog's have just recently been shaved, the yard is growing quickly and needs to be mowed down, and we're doing a variety of landscaping projects as well. As always, we keep busy here!
And in family news... we have several birthdays coming up. I can't believe Gage is almost one year old! Laeliana turns 3 next week and Terran starts Kindergarten this year! Everest is all set to start 2nd grade and is looking forward to it - It'll be nice for him to officially have company in school (even though Terran will be in Kindergarten, they'll be able to do a lot of work together) and Laeliana and Gage will have their own version of "school" to keep busy with. And as always, I'll keep myself busy as well (planning our back to school bash for August right now, but also getting ready for a group party for Laeliana, Amara and Kathy on June 3rd, and an upcoming visit from my sister and her family...and learning to play the piano! God has blessed us with a beautiful spinet piano!!! Now I need to learn to play it!)
For today though, I am enjoying inside work while the wind howls away. I'm counting my blessing that I am feeling so much better, and I am grateful that God knows our needs and wants. It has been a great spring and with summer fast approaching, I waiting anxiously to see what God has in store!
Here are a few quick photos for you to enjoy as well!
![]() |
| Snoozing. Wish I could sleep like that! |
![]() |
| Everest and Daddy mowing lawns - and yes, Everest is using a working mower! |
![]() |
| Our new piano! |



The piano is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'm very glad to have had help with the garden. It was a great blessing to me to plant with you! It's always more fun to have company when there's a job to do! Praise the Lord! Thanks for your help! I'm excited to see the garden grow!