Wednesday, August 15, 2012

3 Days and Counting

Whew! Day three of the new school year is well under way. Here are some updates on how it is going so far:

Day one - Monday, August 13th. What a crazy day!!! The kids class schedules were all messed up, I had to help each one through every little detail (which meant the other boy was waiting around) Gage was teething and Laeliana wanted to be doing her school as well! Praise the Lord, Eric took the day off of work just to help me out! He kept Gage busy, kept an eye on Nana and tended to household stuff while I dealt with the school aspect of the day. Even with both of us working like crazy all day, it was still well past 6pm when the boys finished their first day of school.

Day two - Tuesday, August 14. Much better today! Eric headed off to work, the boys buckled right down to school, and everything went a lot smoother. We were even finish by about 2pm! After that, I let the boys play some extra games and run around outside until Eric got home. Then I headed off to my friend Jen's house with my mom to pick some chard and green beans.

Day three - Wednesday, August 15th. The day is about half over as far as assignments goes. We're hoping to have some fun painting this afternoon - a bulletin board for each boy to put school stuff on... I still need to find one for Nana. So far it seems like it will be a good school year. With the exception of Language Arts (reading and writing) for both boys, they are enjoying it.

I'll try to write again tomorrow... meanwhile, here is a picture of Everest hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment