It's a night life kind of night at our house. 12:31am as I begin writing this, and I am listening for the returning rumble of Eric's little Toyota truck - he has gone to dump the carcass of a roadkill buck that he brought home this evening... minus it's skin for tanning practice, and it's head for DOW. We were only minutes behind the car that hit it.
I like the country life. It is filled with new experiences, lessons to be learned and yes, blood. It's real... you come face to face with death, and you see the beauty in life on a daily basis. Tonight I was able to see the beauty in death as well.
I never cease to be amazed at God's creations. To see how smoothly the muscles attached one to another, to touch the soft hide that makes such strong leather, to see what lies underneath an elegance we all enjoy watching... It gives you a new appreciation for life and how perfectly all things are created...
O Lord my God,When I in awesome wonderConsider allThe world Thy Hand hath made,I see the stars,I hear the rolling thunder,Thy pow'r throughoutThe universe displayed;
Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!When through the woodsAnd forest glades I wanderI hear the birdsSing sweetly in the trees;When I look downFrom lofty mountain grandeurAnd hear the brookAnd feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!
And when I think,That God, His Son not sparing;Sent Him to die,I scarce can take it in;That on the Cross,My burden gladly bearing,He bled and diedTo take away my sin.
Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!Then sings my soul,My Saviour God, to Thee,How great Thou art!How great Thou art!When Christ shall come,With shouts of acclamation,And take me home,What joy shall fill my heart!Then I shall bowIn humble adorationAnd there proclaim,"My God, how great Thou art!"
No comments:
Post a Comment