Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Full Circle

It amazes me how much our own dreams can influence our children's future...

I look back at my childhood and the things my mom valued... and I am coming full circle.

I look forward to raising my own food - having a garden, raising chickens for eggs and meat, raising goats or cows for milk and meat, and even raising rabbits and other livestock. I want the experience of growing my own food - of knowing where it came from, of knowing and taking part in the work that goes into it, and of enjoying the fruit of my labors.

And looking back, I know my mom had many of the same dreams and ambitions that I have right now.

It's funny to me that we can be so different, and yet so alike.

I am enjoying my "farm" as everyone has been calling it. It is a blessing to work hard for the things that are important to you, and to be able to enjoy them to the fullest, knowing that they are good quality, and that you put in the work that was needed. And I am learning so much along the way - about myself, about my family, and about the Lord and the world He has created. And I am thankful for each step of the way...


No comments:

Post a Comment