For the first time in 13 years I made something that I know for sure my husband does not like to eat! And he was a great sport… of course the sautéed garlic and buttered carrots may have helped a little bit, either that or the ton of mustard he poured on his food – either way, he ate it and set a great example for the kids and I got to enjoy a meal that I probably won’t eat again for another 5 years. And even Everest, who pitches fits about all kinds of food, ate it and liked it, even if it was one of those “Yummy, Mommy…. This is the best! I love Sauerkraut (even though I’ll never ever eat it again….)” types of like. That’s okay… I’ll take it!
You know, it’s the funny things like this that make me love my husband all the more. I truly am blessed to have such a wonderful family. The kids are each a gift in their own special way and they funny things they do make them all the more lovable, and Eric is so wonderful to all of us. I am so thankful to God for all the trials he has brought us through and the strength it has given our marriage.
To my wonderful husband, I love you more every day and am looking forward to spending eternity with you in heaven. And to my beautiful children, thanks for keeping life exciting and always pointing me back to the right path. I thank God for each of you every day.

You know me, I'm not going to say YUM to all of that lunch (just the veggie part lol), but I'm glad it went over well with Eric and the kids! It's funny, even though we've been saved longer and should be the ones teaching and setting the example, we're finding ourselves learning lessons from you and Eric lately and we thank you for being such a wonderful, special, sweet, and amazing part of our lives!! We love you all!
ReplyDeleteYou are a good writer! I'm glad you are blogging! It's a blessing to my family to see the growth in yours for the Lord! Love you and yours!
ReplyDelete