Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Projects and projects and more projects

It’s been a while since I last wrote… a few trips over to Durango and back behind us, lots more thrift shop bags and about 600 lbs of coal from along the train tracks came back with us. It’s been nice having projects to keep busy with even if I just spend most of the time sitting and watching. I am once again battling a combination of spring fever and nesting… not a good combo and especially not in February when I can’t do most of the projects I come up with.  On my list for spring time… finally building that rock wall behind the house, fencing off a much smaller yard and moving the playhouse and trampoline up closer to the house (to save me from running so far when I’m nine months pregnant and a child falls off the swing!) and hopefully getting around to building a real woodshed instead of storing everything under our porch. (as you can see, my projects are actually things that I only get to plan and Eric gets to do, but hopefully I’ll get to do some of the rock wall and maybe mow the smaller lawn. Who knows, maybe I’ll even plant a mini garden that we can haul water for!)

As far as my in the house stuff – a room for Laeliana is first on my list, and it’s a huge project! We have to move all the furniture out of the room, figure out what to do with the computer, wash, patch and paint the walls and then rearrange and find new furniture to put into her room. Since she is the only girl it makes it easier… not having to plan for baby stuff as well as little girl stuff will take a lot of the extra planning out of it. (No crib to account for or an extra dresser… all that stuff can stay in the boy’s room.) I’m looking forward to getting started on it!!!

Other than that… it’s pretty much been a mellow week. Lots of warm weather and sun shine have melted off the snow, which as of right now is threatening us yet again – big heavy grey clouds in the sky… Eric is hoping that it doesn’t snow so that he doesn’t have to haul the snow blower out again. I’m just hoping for moisture… we’re already struggling with water and a dry summer would probably finish off our well. But God knows, and it’ll work out.
Time to get to work on some more of those projects…
maybe some laundry this time….

~ Cora

1 comment:

  1. Let us know if you need or even just want some help with Nonna's room or any of the other projects!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete