Sunday, February 27, 2011

Summer Food in February


Fish Tacos on the menu for today's lunch. Nice and light and summery... not what you normally eat in Colorado in February... but hey, I'm pregnant! I can eat whatever I want!!!

They are easy, cheap and they came out great so I thought I'd share the recipe with you... Like much of my cooking, it's not much of a recipe, but more of a made to fit your tastes and family. I'll put the amounts I used in parenthesis... it served 5.

Frozen fish fillets -battered, not breaded (10)
Flour tortillas (5)
Chopped avacados, tomatoes, onions, garlic (whatever garnishes you have and like)
Cabbage (1/4 of a large head)
Mayonnaise (2/3 cup)
Cider vinegar (1/4 cup)
Salt (1 tsp)
Sugar (1 Tbsp)

* Bake the fish fillets according to the directions.
* Shred the cabbage and mix with the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, salt and sugar - mix until cabbage is well coated. (You can adjust these amounts to fit your tastes. I like mine extra juicy so that I can pour the extra sauce on my fish)
*Place 2 fillets on a warmed tortilla, cover with cabbage mixture and garnishes. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment