Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Official

It's official... The day before yesterday we signed, dated and turned in the letter of intent to our local school district. We are now homeschoolers in the truest sense of the word... No more public school curriculum.

In all honesty, I am relieved. I really like the idea behind the COVA curriculum, but the execution just wasn't working here. We need more flexibility and the internet part of it was a huge pain! I spent 5 (yes f-i-v-e, five!) hours once trying to submit 3 assignments for Everest. It just wasn't worth the time involved... that one of the reasons I chose to homeschool... more time with my kiddos! But we certainly were not doing that when I was spending hours trying to log attendance and school work.

Granted... there are still a lot of requirements coming my way. I will have to spend time researching to be able to write my own curriculum, and there will be a few added expenses as we get started, but I'm sure it will work out one way or another.

And I'm praising God that I live in a state where homeschooling is monitored but not restricted! I am looking forward to the next couple of decades... and the things that we will learn as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment