Hello! It's been a while since I updated this blog, but I'm slowly getting back to updating things more often - the computer now resides in my bedroom where it is not so cold...
How is life here at the Shubert's house? Wild and woolly, as always... The kiddos are ready for spring and antsy to be outside playing, but the ground is covered in running water and muck that eats shoes and sucks in bare feet, so for now we are making do with lots of pent up energy... that means a lot of dancing and hopping and counting to 100...while dancing and hopping and just about anything else you can do to burn up energy.
Gage is getting BIG! He weighs close to 20lbs and is a full time cruiser. He eats like a champ (including many inedible items like carpet fuzz and baby wipes) and is just beginning to sort objects from one container to another (mainly my tupperware cabinet and the bathtub toys, but occasionally his dinner gets moved from the plate to the table to the floor... intentionally, of course.) He is excited about spring and wiggles and kicks and hollers (happily) any time I take him outside.
Laeliana is as vibrant and vivid as always. She rules the roost in her own way and takes full advantage of being the only girl. She was recently given a doll house and is thrilled to be able to play in her OWN room, with her OWN toys, (girly stuff, as she calls it) and is more than happy to limit the boys use of her pink doll jeep to suit her wishes. But the boys love her to death and if they aren't trying to kill her, they are spoiling her rotten.
Terran is doing great with his reading and writing practice. He has taught himself to write his name and loves sounding out letters on anything he can, and he is excited to officially start school! He legally has two more years before having to start... but that is the beauty of homeschooling... he can start whenever he is ready!
Everest is growing by leaps and bounds in the school world as well. It is a nightly occurrence now to have him read our chapter out of the Bible. We just started in the book of Numbers and he is doing better than many adults I know with pronouncing the names. His math is doing great too, and he has corrected my solutions correctly on more than one occasion. We're both looking forward to being able to get him a new math curriculum called Math-U-See. One I think we'll all enjoy using.
And as for Eric and I, we keep busy. His job is going well, in spite of him frequently working himself out of things to do. But the people who live in the apartment buildings are happy to have someone there to help them out, and Eric is great at that... Each day finds him coming up with some creative solution to an unsolvable problem. And I keep busy here at home... and I count my blessings. I can't think of anything I love more than caring for my family and my home. I'm enjoying every minute (well, almost every minute) of homeschooling, and raising my kids is a prayer answered in the best possible way!
I've been taking lots of pictures and will get them online soon. And this time I'll be a bit more selective so that I don't overwhelm you!
How is life here at the Shubert's house? Wild and woolly, as always... The kiddos are ready for spring and antsy to be outside playing, but the ground is covered in running water and muck that eats shoes and sucks in bare feet, so for now we are making do with lots of pent up energy... that means a lot of dancing and hopping and counting to 100...while dancing and hopping and just about anything else you can do to burn up energy.
Gage is getting BIG! He weighs close to 20lbs and is a full time cruiser. He eats like a champ (including many inedible items like carpet fuzz and baby wipes) and is just beginning to sort objects from one container to another (mainly my tupperware cabinet and the bathtub toys, but occasionally his dinner gets moved from the plate to the table to the floor... intentionally, of course.) He is excited about spring and wiggles and kicks and hollers (happily) any time I take him outside.
Laeliana is as vibrant and vivid as always. She rules the roost in her own way and takes full advantage of being the only girl. She was recently given a doll house and is thrilled to be able to play in her OWN room, with her OWN toys, (girly stuff, as she calls it) and is more than happy to limit the boys use of her pink doll jeep to suit her wishes. But the boys love her to death and if they aren't trying to kill her, they are spoiling her rotten.
Terran is doing great with his reading and writing practice. He has taught himself to write his name and loves sounding out letters on anything he can, and he is excited to officially start school! He legally has two more years before having to start... but that is the beauty of homeschooling... he can start whenever he is ready!
Everest is growing by leaps and bounds in the school world as well. It is a nightly occurrence now to have him read our chapter out of the Bible. We just started in the book of Numbers and he is doing better than many adults I know with pronouncing the names. His math is doing great too, and he has corrected my solutions correctly on more than one occasion. We're both looking forward to being able to get him a new math curriculum called Math-U-See. One I think we'll all enjoy using.
And as for Eric and I, we keep busy. His job is going well, in spite of him frequently working himself out of things to do. But the people who live in the apartment buildings are happy to have someone there to help them out, and Eric is great at that... Each day finds him coming up with some creative solution to an unsolvable problem. And I keep busy here at home... and I count my blessings. I can't think of anything I love more than caring for my family and my home. I'm enjoying every minute (well, almost every minute) of homeschooling, and raising my kids is a prayer answered in the best possible way!
I've been taking lots of pictures and will get them online soon. And this time I'll be a bit more selective so that I don't overwhelm you!
No comments:
Post a Comment