My Magic Minimum Plan:
Every Day:
- Load and run dishwasher
- Tidy kitchen, wipe down counters and stove, sweep floor
- Run one load of laundry, fold (ironing too) and put away
- Family pick-up time - spend 15 minutes putting things where they belong
- Clean bathrooms (I have four boys in this house! The bathrooms are gross!!!)
- Vacuum livingroom (wintertime at our house = woodstove ashes... need I say more?)
- Empty the trash. (Diapers... Eeeewwwww!!!!)
- Clean Litter box (How did I get this cat again?)
Every Week:
- Mop kitchen floor, wipe down cabinets and kitchen walls
- Sweep the stairs and front hall
- Clean out the nooks and crannies (in other words, undo the kids version of cleaning up)
- Dust
- Clean the mirrors (handprints and kissmarks are cute... but dirty!)
- Vacuum upstairs and under the chairs and couch downstairs( it's amazing what I find!)
Every Month:
- Wash windows
- Mop wood floors
- Steam clean toilets and sinks (four boys... remember?)
- Clean off the front porch, bottom stairwell and the laundry room
- Grocery Shopping (Usually not a monthly occurrence... but I HATE shopping!)
- Menu planning
- Pay Bills (we only get a paycheck once a month...)
This will be a trick... my kids are great helpers and my husband does more than his share, but I seldom think to ask for help... My main goal here will be creating a chore chart to help us all remember...
I'll let you know how it goes... and if you try it out, will you please post a comment here and let me know what worked/didn't work for you?
I still like this idea. What do you think? Is it working? I kind of did the same thing at home after I read this. It is hit and miss but I'm trying. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteI promised a reply on this post... here it is:
ReplyDeleteI am struggling with this because I forget what needs to be done and get caught up doing the extra stuff instead. (like planning gardens and sewing skirts for Nana)So, I am printing this out as a daily checklist to post on my fridge. (I'll put it inside a page protector and use a vis-a-vis marker on it.) Maybe that will help me stay on track a bit better. I'll update you again and let you know!
Sara - What works/doesn't work for you?