By the time you to read this post, I will be on the road... headed out for a day in the sun and sand with my four children, and my Mom... Three generations, out exploring God's creations. And I am really excited!
Not only am I excited about the prospect of getting out into the big wide world and turning my kiddos loose for a day of running, jumping, whooping and hollering in a remote dessert area (me with a camera in hand!) but I'm really looking forward to spending the day with my Mom.
She has taught me so much about nature, about curiosity and about taking the time to stop and look around. As a young child, she gave me the enjoyable task of digging up worms and transporting them from one garden to another... She taught me to watch the ants scatter when you moved the rock that they used as part of their nest... and to pay attention to how they carry off their eggs. And she taught me to lay back in the beautiful sunshine and watch the clouds roll by and to laugh when unexpected this happened.... (Hey Mom! There's a foot in my cloud!!!)
I appreciate so much of the beauty in the world around me simply because of a momma who took the time to show me... and it has inspired me, as a momma with four of my own young children, to take the time to show them. It has also inspired me to homeschool because I know there is more to life than book knowledge.
So we're off on an adventure. Getting up at "night-morning" as my son calls the early hours of dawn to pile into a pre-loaded and gassed up car before we're even awake... mugs of cocoa and hot coffee in hand... and breakfast packed for several hours in advance. And I am excited. Excited to share the world God has created with my children, and excited to reminisce about past adventures with my mom, as well as experience some new ones...
I hope this is the beginning of a new path in life... one that is filled with shared adventures and explorations...
And Mom... if I haven't told you before... I love you and I am grateful for all that you have taught me and the time that you have invested in my life. I treasure these moments. Thanks for everything!
Sounds wonderful and exciting. Safe travels. Love you all. Aunt Mary Man .
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I am so so so insanely glad that you got the chance to hang out with mom. :) I know how much it means to you Cori. I love you sister. Ps. ha ha ha, there's a foot in my cloud! xoxo
ReplyDelete