We had a great day and a lot of fun. Didn't do too much hiking on this trip but the kids had a blast climbing the hills and we each came home with a pocket filled with smooth stones and a few pieces of petrified wood.
The area is an old river basin, long dried out and windswept (I was there for some of the winds! A mild breeze, my Mom said) and filled with interesting rock formations that have been etched by wind and water... an amazing testimony of God's incredible creativity. (I'll try to get my Mom to add a link for some of her beautiful photos... coming soon, we'll say)
As beautiful as the scenery was, I think my favorite part of the day was just hanging out with Mom and combining the things we enjoy. We talked a lot, (okay, okay... I talked a lot... she listened....) we walked in the sand and wind, and we both took a lot of photos!
Speaking of...Here are a few photos and a couple of websites with information... All in all, it was a great day and a terrific place to go with the children... well worth checking out! I'm planning a trip back soon... Homeschooling here we come!
![]() |
| Laeliana sliding down the sand/rock with Mommy's help. |
![]() |
| Terran trucking up the "mountain" |
![]() |
| Everest's lofty perch. |
![]() |
| A better view. |
http://www.americansouthwest.net/new_mexico/bisti_badlands/
http://sangres.com/newmexico/wilderness/bisti.htm




No comments:
Post a Comment