I want to thank God for the blessings of an early morning cup of coffee, time spent in prayer and being able to read the Bible without fear.
What a gift it is to live in a place where I can wake up as the sun rises to a coffee pot that is automatically brewing my coffee! We live in a rich, bountiful country and we take it for granted!!! Simple things like the electricity (which, by the way is really not simple.... try explaining it to a 4 year old!) to power the alarm clock... a programmable coffee pot (again, hard to explain to a 4 year old... or even a 29 year old...) and the lamp that sits by my chair in the living room... all blessings that are taken for granted.
Even more than that though, we live in a country where we don't have to fear death for bowing our head and praying... Our church supports missionaries in countries where they are killed... yes KILLED! simply for being scripturally baptized - for publicly following Jesus Christ. And not only that, we have the added blessing of being able to read the Bible without fear - again, people are killed for this. Not too long ago, I heard about a little boy (like my kids) who had all of his fingernails ripped out simply for refusing to deny Christ.
Praise the Lord for people who are willing to lose their life for Christ's sake, and praise the Lord, that we live in a country where we don't have to... but for how long?
Anyone who has been reading/watching the news knows that our country is spiraling out of control. We are headed into the darkest of times in a country that was founded based on the freedom to serve and worship God according to the Bible. What is it going to take for us to turn back to God?
Our church is having a tent revival at the end of the month... and it's been a burden on my heart lately - I want revival in my heart, I want to feel the joy of salvation again, I want to know that I am giving God my all. And I want revival in my family. I want to see my children saved, serving and sacrificing for the God that loved them so much He laid down His own life to save them from hell. I want revival in my town, county and state... I want revival in our country.
To the soldiers who are protecting my freedom to worship and serve God, I thank you with all of my heart and I am praying for you daily. To my fellow Americans who are standing by idle... God has asked you to turn back to Him, He has laid down His perfect sinless life in trade for your sin-blackened heart, He is waiting for you to forsake your sins and turn back to Him... but He isn't going to force you... You have to choose.
Now is the time to choose. Are you going to serve a life and a world where people are eating babies, where murder is a right and where sin is encouraged? Do you want your children or grand children to live in a country that ceases to have God's blessings? Or will you turn to the God that went to hell in your place, that is holding out His hand to you and begging you to accept Him and spend eternity in heaven.
And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat. Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
~Joshua 24:13-15
No comments:
Post a Comment